About Zaina Foundation.
Zaina Foundation is a private, autonomous, voluntary, non-governmental, non-profit sharing Organization which was founded in 2017 and registered under NGO’s Act of 2002 with the aim of promoting digital rights in Tanzania.
To continuously aid women who are Journalists, Human Rights Defenders, Technologists, Lawyers, Activists, women with disabilities and Students alike, to permanently improve the way they protect and access their information online.
- To promote Digital Rights and inclusion in Tanzania
- To advocate on affordability and accessibility of internet and Digital Security Awareness to women in Tanzania.
- To localize digital tools and Contents into Swahili language.
- To empower women to 21st Century Skills.
To Promote Digital Rights and inclusion in Tanzania through advocacy on affordability and accessibility of internet, digital safety and privacy capacity building, policy reform workshops and convene.
- Digital Safety Training for women journalists in Tanzania
- Monitoring Internet Shutdowns in Tanzania (Measure, Document and Advocate)
- Policy Reform
- Localization and Translation of open-source tools to Swahili language.
- Digital Rights Coalition (Advocate and annual research on the state of digital rights in Tanzania) 20 members from local NGOs.
- UX project (Tool’s testing and feedback collection then share with developers for improvement and make tools friendlier with users.